Paparazzi Care Instructions
Put Jewelry On Last
Put your jewelry on after applying makeup, soap, lotion, perfume and hair spray which can potentially damage your jewelry’s finish.
Remove When Active
Protect your jewelry from abuse and scratches by removing it before you do housework, yard work working out or participating in sports.
Remove When Sleeping
We toss and turn and sweat and get our earrings and necklaces kinked up when we sleep, so take off your jewelry before bed. This is a good rule of thumb for any jewelry, even fine jewelry.
Keep it Dry
Water is the enemy of fashion jewelry. Be sure to remove your jewelry before showering, doing dishes, swimming or washing the dog. Never wear when cleaning with chemicals.
Store your jewelry away from steamy bathrooms or laundry rooms to ensure they stay dry. Store a piece of chalk in your jewelry box to absorb moisture.
A few storage tips:
- Buy curtain rings and hang your long necklaces on a tension rod in a nice, dry place (closet). This keeps your necklaces separate and keeps them from getting kinked.
- Store earrings in ice cube trays or egg trays, hanging storage or jewelry boxes with individual compartments to keep them from getting scratched.
- Place small preservative packages (that come in many products like medications) in where you store your jewelry to absorb extra moisture in the air.
- Coating the jewelry in an acrylic clear coating spray. I recommend Krylon Crystal Clear. Follow product instructions. *Paparazzi Accessories Corporate does not promote this however, it is a very excellent way to remove moisture in the air.
- Search Pinterest and other sites for crafty at home jewelry displays.
Cleaning Your Paparazzi Jewelry
Yes, you can clean fashion jewelry. While water, bleach and jewelry cleaners are to be avoided, most jewelry can be brought back to life with a polishing cloth. Buff gently and watch it shine! A great way to care for your Paparazzi jewelry.
With a little attention, you should be able to enjoy your Paparazzi jewelry for years to come.